Good Friend has taken its involvement in the #GivingTuesday movement up a notch for 2013. We're now a partner in the 92Y Initiative to change the focus of this holiday shopping season from one of accumulating stuff to being charitable. What do you give? Time? Talent? Cash? And why do you give it? Why should others care about your cause?
Already this school year, Denise and I have presented our organization's message of autism awareness, acceptance, and empathy directly to more than 2,000 students. We know we can reach another 3,000 before the summer break with the support of engaged, caring community members. How can you help us today and/or tomorrow?
- By spreading the word about what we do, why it's important, and how schools can use our products and services to create cultures of acceptance.
- By donating online at www.goodfriendinc.com. Click on the Donate button. (You don't need a PayPal account!)
- By sharing your #UNselfie using this image.
Here are the top five reasons why Denise and I give:
- kids with autism should be understood, not bullied.
- doing inclusion right means educating peers.
- every student in school, regardless of ability, deserves at least one good friend.
- playdates are rare and precious for our kids with ASD.
- birthday party invitations RULE.
The goal for our annual giving campaign will be met if we raise another $2,100. We would greatly appreciate your support in helping us meet that goal! Here's to #GivingTuesday!